You have received the AAWireless, now it's time to set it up!
- Scan the QR code on the back of the AAWireless box, to install the companion app "AAWireless config" (or search for it on Play Store.
- Plug the AAWireless into the USB of your car, and open the companion app and follow the instructions for the setup.
- If you get an error message that it cannot connect to the AAWireless do the following: forget both AAWireless Wi-Fi and Bluetooth from the phone, reset the unit by holding the reset button for 5 seconds and release it, you should see the LED go off and back on with a solid green light, which means that the reset was successful. Then pair the AAWireless Bluetooth manually through the phone's Bluetooth menu without using the set-up from the companion app.
- You need to make sure that your phone is connected to the AAWireless with both Bluetooth and wi-fi. The wi-fi will notify you that the AAWireless does not have internet access, THAT IS FINE. For the moment it will use the internet of your mobile plan for the various apps. To do that you have to enable a setting on your phone that enables the usage of the mobile data while the phone is connected to the wi-fi. If you cannot see the wi-fi signal of the AAWireless go into the AAWireless config app -> general settings and enable Force 2.4 GHz.
- If the phone's Bluetooth and wi-fi are connected to the AAWireless but the led of the device is just blinking GREEN do the following: make sure to have the "wireless Android Auto" enabled in the Android Auto settings. Also enable "add wireless projection to settings" from Android Auto developer settings(you can access it by tapping the version of AA 10 times, after that tap the 3 dots in the top-right corner and you should see "developer settings".Also please have no active VPN and one user profile on the phone.AND be sure in AA settings in the "previously connected cars" to have enabled "Add new cars to Android Auto".enable "request video focus on startup" from android auto developer settings.
- If the phone's Bluetooth and wi-fi are connected to the AAWireless but the led of the device is just blinking BLUE do the following: go into the AAWireless config app/General settings and try all USB modes with and without having the "Passthrough" option enabled. If after trying all of this the device is still blinking BLUE the problem can sometimes be the USB cable.
In case the device still does not connect to the car's head unit write a support message by going to the AAWireless config app/Help and support/Send question, and send us an email with a detailed description of the problem so we can help you in the most efficient way possible. Oh and don't forget to specify the LED color of the unit when the problem occurs.
We are at your service